This is one of the posts in our series of posts tagged ‘writing position vacant advert’.
Position Vacant: Sub-editor
We have a requirement for an experienced sub-editor.
- The selected candidate will be editing news articles and features on a wide range of subjects for various Trident Media portals.
- The candidate will be asked to cross-check facts, and edit news, features, and other write-ups not only for proper English grammar and usage, but also for accuracy, objectivity, and depth of research the writer has done.
- Our readers have come to expect certain standards from us and it will be the sub-editor’s duty to make sure that the published copy conforms to those standards.
We’re seeking an experienced subeditor. So, anyone having 2-5 years’ experience as sub-editor in a reputed publication will be fit for this position.
- The candidate needs to have an excellent grasp on English grammar, spellings, and punctuation, and preference will be given to those familiar with AP style-book.
- The candidate has to be good at researching online and fairly familiar with news-writing style.
- This is a full-time position based at out Mohali office, so the selected applicant has to be willing to relocate.
Keywords: Content editor, content developer, journalism, mass communication, writer, proof-reader
Trident Media is an umbrella Internet Media company operating several specific interest portals in the areas of current affairs, personal finance, healthcare, entertainment, fashion and lifestyle.